Born in 1972, Dr. R. Raghuram is an experienced Musician based in Bangalore. He did his Doctorate on the topic “Scientific analysis of Violin Techniques in Carnatic Music”. He has accompanied top musicians of Carnatic Music, in India as well as abroad.
B.Sc (Physics, Maths, Electronics)
PhD from Bangalore University for the research on “Scientific Analysis of violin techniques in Carnatic music”.
Carnatic Music Background and training
- Initiated to training in music at the age of 10, under the tutelage of Vidwan. Sri. Ulsoor S.Chandrashekar.
- Continued the training in music under the able vocal guidance of Vidushi.Vasantha Madhavi.
- Pursued further violin training under the great violin virtuoso
- Ganakala-Bhushana Vidwan. Anoor S. Ramakrishna.
Jnanodaya School, Bangalore: 2001-2003
Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, Bangalore: 2002-2006
1. “Sangeetha-Nrithya” Academy – Government of Karnataka.
2. “Junior Research Fellowship” (JRF) from Central Government of India.
3. “Ananya Yuva puraskar”-2001 from GML-cultural academy(Ananya)
Performing artiste for 20 yrs both as solo and accompanying in many sabhas, reputed temples, Prestigious institutions all over the country
Featured in the programmes in All India Radio (AIR), Doordarshan-Bangalore, Udaya-TV & Asia-net Kaveri.
Featured in many cassettes of Dance &Music.
Directed for the children’s Programme for “Doordarshan” –Bangalore.